Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Update: 24 hours later

A little more than 24 hours after the surgery and Carolina is doing very well.

This morning before dawn she was standing up almost on her own and today she's been walking around a little and even attended a class at the recovery rec center.

I've gotten a lot of calls asking for room number, visiting hours and room phone number, so here is the summary:

Carolina Asirifi
Recovery Room 1532B
Sloan Memorial Kettering (212-639-2000)
1275 York Ave, 15th Floor
(between 68th and 69th)

We were told that visiting hours are from 8am to 8pm, and that she should only have 2 visitors at a time - but they have not been strict about it.

Also note that I tried calling her room just now through the Hospital's main number, but I was told that no one in the room picked up, even though I know it rung, so maybe phone calls aren't available until a few days later when she can take calls on her cell phone.

Other than that, again call me with any questions / well wishes, etc and I'll relay them to her when I can.

And thank you all sooooo much for all the calls, emails, comments and all around incredibly supportive energy.

Carolina is blessed in so many ways,

Christopher

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and sending love from Texas!
    Deedra :)

    ReplyDelete