Friday, April 10, 2009

Looking for Familiar and/or Funny Faces While in the Hospital

Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and I am nervous and relieved at the same time. The surgery will take about 6 – 8 hours and I am expected to be in the hospital for about a week. I would love to see as many familiar faces as possible while I am in the hospital and recovering at home. Please feel free to visit me in the hospital or send me a funny picture of yourself that I can hang in my hotel room. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

To get you started here is a sample picture...(notice the Livestrong bracelet on my left arm).

4 comments:

  1. Dear Carolina, I just read all your posts and you remind me of when I was first diagnosed (I was your age also). Keep your great attitude and optimism, I believe it helps. Surgery is not fun but you are in good hands. Dr. B. is a great surgeon, don't worry everything will be allright. Tell him that his "patient from Macau" sent him a hug.
    I wish you all the best. Keep us posted.
    Hugs from your new sarcoma friend,
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl! With all the New Yorkers you know and all of us Cajuns pulling for you - plus everyone else that you know throught the WHOLE WORLD thinking about you - you know everything will go well. A funny picture.... hmmmm.... I look so outstandingly stunning in every picture I take..... I'll have to look hard! lol (and get my kid to show me how to post it!) Take care - you're at the top of my prayer list......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carolina! Sandy pointed me to your blog. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I hope the surgery goes well and you receive nothing but the best news.

    ReplyDelete