Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Turtle

I have become a turtle and I really don’t mind. Moving slowly with no haste or jump in my step and letting my body recover at its own pace. It’s hard to believe that last week at this time I had one of the worst days in my life. I was hooked up to oxygen and numerous IVs. No matter how often I pushed “the button” the pain would not go away and in the end they added extra cocktails. The thought of me sitting up, walking or eating seemed so far away. Eight days later I can walk almost 2 blocks, eat regular foods and almost get myself dressed. I feel my body healing a little from the inside everyday, like my spirit is filling the spot that was left behind from where the tumor was removed. It’s a feeling that is hard for me to describe – it brings me contentment and peace.

1 comment:

  1. tomorrow you will feel better and the day after tomorrow even better and soon you will be jumping ;)
    I was very happy when I came here after the your surgery and read the great news about your surgery.
    Take care Carolina

    ReplyDelete