Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still waiting.....

After one week of calling Dr. B's office every day I was told that they have scheduled a date for my CT guided biopsy. There is only one problem. The procedure is scheduled almost three weeks from today. This concerns me as both the Cornell Dr and the Sloan Dr told me that we don’t have time to waste in my situation. I voiced my concern with his scheduler, (who must not have taken sensitivity 101 class) who told me that “this is the best she could do and that if someone else with cancer cancels their CT scan appointment than maybe they move up my date.” This would make it a four week wait for a biopsy procedure at one of the country’s top cancer centers. Simply amazing!

I had to step back for a minute and think about what she said. After calming down, I decided that I needed to talk to Dr. B directly. He agreed that waiting for three weeks to do the procedure is unacceptable and told me he will be stepping in to resolve the situation. In the meantime, I will get all my pre-operative tests done tomorrow at Sloan, which will allow them to do the procedure as soon as possible. The wait continues...and all I am looking for is a second opinion.

1 comment:

  1. czesc Karo, mam nadzieje ze Twoje testy wyszly ok. jak sie czujesz? Przykro mi ze musisz takie nieprzyjemnosci doswiadczac z tylko zrobieniem appointment z doktorem. napewno uda sie znalezc wczesniejszy termin. caluje ama

    ReplyDelete