Monday, March 30, 2009

Free parking and a frustrated radialogist

In less than three hours the radiologist will be performing a needle biopsy on me. It’s been a great morning with the sun shining down on the world. This might just be my lucky day as Christopher and I found a free parking spot right next to Sloan Hospital. As any driver knows, free parking spots in Manhattan are minor miracles. I am hungry….for food and answers. Both will have to wait as I am not able to eat before the procedure.

I am now back home and recovering. The radiologist tried several times to reach the area in question without much success. He worked on me almost twice as long as he was expecting and even put me in several different positions. Even though I was under heavy conscious sedation, I could sense his frustration. He was not a doctor who gives up easily. I truly feel that he did everything he could, but unfortunately the growth he needed to access is in a very difficult area. He was able to get a very small sample which he felt was worth trying to send to the lab for analysis, but most likely the sample will not be able to provide any answers. So I guess we are back to Dr. B. to discuss next steps.

At least I am no longer hungry.


Best Things to Do In New York...1001 Ideas. I don't think that a visit to Sloan is in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment